I know I’ve been kind of silent the past few days, but the day job has been slowly sucking the life out of me. Luckily, being so busy means that I don’t have time to be too impulsive with my purchases! Still, money was spent in the past two days on coffee and tipping a bartender (the drinks were free!).
Weekly Allowance: $60.00
Weekly Allowance Remaining: $46.84
Now, today is the last day of January, which means my first month of this challenge is done!
Total in Money Jar: $62.08
In my last post, I mentioned how I had to tap into my money jar and spend a good chunk of it on my fiance’s birthday dinner. Hopefully I’ll be back over the $100 mark by the end of this week so I can continue saving up for those rainy-day, surprising things that just happen to come up once in a while. (Stupid birthdays! Whose idea was this!? 😀 ) But, for the first month, I think I’ve done quite well; however, there are some things I really want to work on for February.
- I want to explore couponing a bit more. This is tricky because my fiance is responsible for our grocery shopping trips, but that doesn’t mean I can’t help him, right?
- I want to share with you guys the details of how I do things for free in Boston. (I’ve done this once or twice already, but I really ought to expand on this!) This is an expensive city and yet we have ways of getting free things: parking, drinks, food, etc.
- I should talk more about my and my fiance’s goals a bit more. We’re not very knowledgeable in things like buying a home, getting a loan, etc. yet we’re going to have to learn in the upcoming months how to do so! As we learn, I hope that you’ll learn.
- I want to start selling unwanted things so I can have more money in my jar while reducing the clutter in our apartment.
A couple of things that are going to be coming up in February that can affect me financially:
- A few parties (Super Bowl, etc.) will be happening early in the month.
- There’s a high chance I will be traveling to China for business in mid-February.
- My father’s birthday is coming up and odds are I will have to pay for dinner and a gift.
That’s about it! Thanks for sticking around, and I hope you continue throughout February!
One month down, eleven to go…